Stevenage to host Southend in Carabao Cup first-round
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Stevenage will face Southend United at home in the first round of the Carabao Cup.
Boro will host the League One side - who stayed up on the last day of the season - at the Lamex in the week commencing Monday, August 12.
The last time the two sides faced off was in a Checkatrade Trophy game back in November 2016, with Stevenage convincing 4-0 winners thanks to a Rowan Liburd brace.
Stevenage also faced Southend in the thrilling 2015 League Two play-off semi-final.
The first-leg at the Lamex finished 1-1, with the second-leg also finishing by the same scoreline after Tom Pett put Boro ahead.
You may also want to watch:
The home side grabbed the win in extra-time though, with Michael Timlin - who went on to play for Stevenage last season - making it 3-1 in the 120th minute, 4-2 on aggregate, to send the Shrimpers to Wembley.
The sides have played each other eight times in total, with Boro winning two, drawing two and losing eight.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style