Car thief runs over owner in gettaway
A MAN has sustained head injuries after a thief stealing his car reversed and drove away, hitting him as he went.
The 54-year-old victim, who lives in Melbourne Close in Stotfold, had been pumping the tyres on his blue Peugeot 308 Sport outside his home on Saturday.
He had returned to his house, leaving his keys in the ignition and the driver’s side door open.
On his return he saw someone sitting in the driver’s seat with the door closed.
The offender then reversed the car and drove away, hitting the victim. The incident happened between 1pm and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The victim received head injuries and concussion but remained conscious. He was taken to hospital for further examination and released later in the day.
The incident happened so quickly the man was unable to give a description of the offender.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
DC Guy Steel-Jessop said: “If anyone has any information then we are urging them to come forward.
“We are also reminding car owners not to leave their keys in the ignition when they are not inside the car. It gives thieves an opportunity to take the vehicle.”
If you have any information relating to the incident, contact DC Guy Steel-Jessop on 01234 275351, or text police on 07786 200011, or call independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111. You do not have to give your name but you could still receive a cash reward.