Car ploughs into tree as two men attempt to evade police chase in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two men ploughed their car into a tree following a police chase in Great Ashby Way in Stevenage on Friday.
A Herts Police spokesman said officers attempted to stop two men in a Green Vauxhall Vectra around 2pm because they were acting suspiciously.
The pair made off in the car but smashed it into a tree off Great Ashby Way.
They tried to escape on foot but were later arrested in the area.
A 21-year-old man was arrested for failing to stop for a police officer, and on suspicion of driving and drugs offences.
A 23-year-old man was arrested for failing to stop for a police officer and on suspicion of driving and drugs offences.
The road was temporarily blocked by the collision.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
One man commented on Facebook: “Looks like a bad accident on Great Ashby Way. Looks more than just a normal accident. Not sure if police were chasing as it went past my house much too fast just before.”