Car parking charges ‘likely’ to increase
- Credit: Archant
CAR parking charges are likely to go up this year, a councillor has admitted.
Cllr Tom Brindley said an increase in rates at council-owned car parks could be on the cards in North Herts.
The revelation came at a North Herts District Council cabinet meeting on Tuesday, while councillors were discussing next year’s budget.
Although a decision was deferred, Cllr Brindley told fellow councillors: “[I’m] pretty sure there will be a recommendation for an increase. We will defer this, but it’s not gone away.
“We need more time to consider this, but we will be bringing forward proposals to make changes.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brindley also claimed that, although charges have been frozen since 2010, the council had actually decreased prices people had to pay.
“In real terms, we have cut car parking charges by 10 per cent in the last two years by not putting them up with inflation,” he said.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term