Car flips and bursts into flames in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There is traffic congestion in Stevenage this morning after two separate incidents.
Police were called to Martins Way after a car flipped over and burst into flames after hitting a bollard.
The woman driver of the the white Audi was helped from the car shortly after 8am by fire and ambulance crews.
The vehicle is currently being recovered and Martins Way has been closed.
An air ambulance has landed near St Albans Drive.
You may also want to watch:
Police have also received reports of a loose wheel in Gunnels Wood Road, near the underpass at the junction with Six Hills Way.
This caused a temporary blockage on the carriageway.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
More updates here as we have them.