Witness appeal launched after boy seriously injured in Stevenage crash
- Credit: Archant
Did you see a car accident in Stevenage yesterday evening?
At around 5.45pm on Monday a red Seat Ibiza collided with a boy on a bike in Oaks Cross.
The 11-year-old boy was badly injured and taken to Lister Hospital, where he remains in a serious condition.
An ambulance and air ambulance attended.
The road was closed between Broadwater Crescent and Broadhall Way to allow emergency services to work at the scene, reopening at around 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Sam Cordingley said: "We are continuing to investigate this collision to establish what happened.
"Although we have spoken to a number of witnesses, we are still keen to speak with anyone else who may have seen the collision.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
"If you saw any part of the incident, or the events prior to it, please contact us. Additionally, we are eager to hear from anyone who may have been driving in the area at the time with a dash cam. Again, please contact us if you can assist our enquiries."
Please call 101 giving reference ISR 692 of June 24 if you saw anything.