Car and 10 large conifers go up in smoke near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Pilots are understood to have raised the alarm when thick smoke from a car fire started to obscure their landing.
Firefighters attended the scene in Breachwood Green last night thanks to eagle-eyed pilots.
The car fire had spread to nearby trees and two cylinders were also involved.
One crew from Hitchin and two from Bedford dealt with the blaze.
Hitchin firefighters took to Twitter following the incident to remind people that arson is a crime.
You may also want to watch:
About 10 large conifers also went up in flames.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV