Capturing Forster Country
A conservation group is calling on photographers to capture the spring with an award winning picture.
The Friends of the Forster Country group – dedicated to preserving the Stevenage countryside around the former home of author EM Forster are hosting a photo competition where the best shots of the area will be rewarded with prizes and exhibited.
Some of the entries so far for the competition are shown here, but the group want more to capture the changing seasons.
The closing date for entries, which will be grouped in junior and senior categories, is at the end of September.
John Spiers, chairman of the group, said the competition is aimed at showing the best of Forster country to the public.
You may also want to watch:
“This area is part of the rural surroundings which enhance and help to provide a healthy environment for Stevenage as well as maintaining a literary link with one of England’s most famous authors,” he said.
To download an entry form, go to www.forstercountry.org.uk
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn