PASSENGERS will see improvements to train services which run through Herts and Beds, according to a new rail operator. First Capital Connect recently took over from Thameslink Trains. The new operator has promised to be more visible at stations with more
PASSENGERS will see improvements to train services which run through Herts and Beds, according to a new rail operator.
First Capital Connect recently took over from Thameslink Trains.
The new operator has promised to be more visible at stations with more staff, British Transport Police officers and community support officers.
They also plan to install more CCTV cameras.
The toilets at Stevenage station will be refurbished providing customers with "a fresh, welcoming, clean, durable, vandal proof, accessible, safe and easy to maintain facility that customers will be proud of".
* LONDON Travel-watch has criticised a decision to allow new services linking London to the North East but not stopping at Stevenage.
- 1 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 2 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 3 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 7 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Golfers raise £11k to help sick children and dying patients
- 10 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
Grand Central has won the rights to operate services between London King's Cross passing through Stevenage calling at York, Thirsk, Northallerton, Eaglescliffe and Hartlepool.
However, the service will not stop at Stevenage - a decision which has outraged London TravelWatch, the transport users' watchdog.
London Travelwatch wants to see more stops at Stevenage helping to ease congestion at King's Cross.