Candidates set for European Parliament elections to decide Eastern region MEPs
- Credit: European Parliament
Elections for the European Parliament are being held this Thursday, May 22, with seven MEPs to be elected in the Eastern region which covers Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
A system of proportional representation is used in the election to allocate the seven seats and voters get to select one party from the list.
Below are the parties and candidates running in the Eastern region, which also covers Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
An Independence From Europe: Karl Davies, Edmond Rosenthal, Rupert Smith, Raymond Spalding, Betty Wiffen, Dennis Wiffen, Paul Wiffen.
British National Party: Michael Braun, Mark Burmby, Paul Hooks, Philip Howell, Christopher Livingstone, Richard Perry, Stephen Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Christian Peoples Alliance: Kevin Austin, Carl Clark, Jane Clamp, Mark Clamp, Kirsty Evans, Chris Olley, Stephen Todd.
The Conservative Party: David Campbell Bannerman, Jonathan Collett, John Flack, Vicky Ford, Tom Hunt, Margaret Simons, Geoffrey Van Orden.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
The English Democrats: Bridget Cowan, Stephen Goldspink, Jeremy Moss, Maria Situmbeko, Robin Tilbrook, Charles Vickers, Don Whitbread.
Green Party: Mark Ereira, Ash Haynes, Robert Lindsay, Jill Mills, Fiona Radic, Rupert Read, Marc Scheimann.
Labour Party: Jane Basham, Paul Bishop, Richard Howitt, Bhavna Joshi, Sandy Martin, Alex Mayer, Chris Ostrowski.
Liberal Democrats: Hugh Annand, Belinda Brooks-Gordon, Andrew Duff, Michael Green, Josephine Hayes, Linda Jack, Stephen Robinson.
No2EU: Brian Denny, Eleanor Donne, Stephen Glennon, David Goode, Leonardo Impett, Teresa MacKay, Emily Thompson-Golding.
UK Independence Party: Stuart Agnew, Tim Aker, Michael Heaver, Mark Hughes, Mick McGough, Andy Monk, Patrick O’Flynn.