Do you have what it takes to name Hertfordshire County Council’s next gritter?
- Credit: Photo supplied
They say only three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and the famous fleet of Hertfordshire County Council gritters.
The nights are drawing in, the frosted lawns have returned, and this can mean only thing - gritting season.
In a new competition for 2019, Herts County Council are giving Comet readers the chance to name their very own gritter.
Following in the footsteps of popular gritters from a bygone era - Brad Gritt, Freezing Frank, Gritney Spears - it is now up to you to name the class of 2019.
If you think you have what it takes, comment your suggestions on either our Facebook page, Gritter - sorry, Twitter - or email your entries to email@example.com.
Next week, the best names will enter into a final poll where you can then vote to christen the Comet's Hertfordshire County Council gritter.
Best of luck - and happy naming!
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns