Do you have what it takes to name Hertfordshire County Council’s next gritter?
- Credit: Photo supplied
They say only three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and the famous fleet of Hertfordshire County Council gritters.
The nights are drawing in, the frosted lawns have returned, and this can mean only thing - gritting season.
In a new competition for 2019, Herts County Council are giving Comet readers the chance to name their very own gritter.
Following in the footsteps of popular gritters from a bygone era - Brad Gritt, Freezing Frank, Gritney Spears - it is now up to you to name the class of 2019.
If you think you have what it takes, comment your suggestions on either our Facebook page, Gritter - sorry, Twitter - or email your entries to email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Next week, the best names will enter into a final poll where you can then vote to christen the Comet's Hertfordshire County Council gritter.
Best of luck - and happy naming!
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 4 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 5 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 10 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party