Do you have what it takes to name Hertfordshire County Council’s next gritter?
- Credit: Photo supplied
They say only three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and the famous fleet of Hertfordshire County Council gritters.
The nights are drawing in, the frosted lawns have returned, and this can mean only thing - gritting season.
In a new competition for 2019, Herts County Council are giving Comet readers the chance to name their very own gritter.
Following in the footsteps of popular gritters from a bygone era - Brad Gritt, Freezing Frank, Gritney Spears - it is now up to you to name the class of 2019.
If you think you have what it takes, comment your suggestions on either our Facebook page, Gritter - sorry, Twitter - or email your entries to email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Next week, the best names will enter into a final poll where you can then vote to christen the Comet's Hertfordshire County Council gritter.
Best of luck - and happy naming!
- 1 Funeral organiser fined £10,000 after more than 150 people attend
- 2 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 3 Police attend Arlesey funeral after COVID-19 guidelines breached
- 4 Police confirm investigation into alleged Morrisons spitting incident
- 5 Abandoned car that made international headlines set to be scrapped
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 Hitchin Pride, Eat Alfresco and more - What's on in Hitchin when COVID-19 restrictions end?
- 9 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 10 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon