CAMRA: Henlow pub best in East Anglia
THE Engineers Arms in Henlow is celebrating being named best pub in East Anglia in the latest edition of CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide, launched last Thursday.
The pub in the High Street is run by Kevin Machin and Claire Sturgeon, who are delighed to have been voted East Anglia Regional Pub of the Year 2011 by CAMRA - Campaign for Real Ale - members.
“We have been here 20 years and raised the bar a little bit, having been here all this time,” Kevin explained.
“All our bar staff go to cellar training, and real ale drinkers come in and the staff are able to talk to them about the product they are selling. It just makes that little difference.
“A lot of pubs we had to beat are wonderful, great pubs. It’s an honour to be on the list with them.”
You may also want to watch:
The CAMRA Good Beer Guide description for The Engineers Arms reads: “This lively two-bar pub in the centre of the village is a must for real ale fans, with 10 handpumps featuring a wide range and style of beers. There are also five ciders and a perry on offer.”
The Engineers Arms will now go forward in the competition, with the overall national winner to be announced in February 2012.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years