Campaigners and councillors urge people to have say on North Hertfordshire housing plan
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners and councillors are urging people to have their say on the housing plan for North Hertfordshire.
The consultation on North Hertfordshire District Council’s preferred options for the allocation of houses opens today, Thursday, and runs until February 6.
The Local Plan sets out allocated sites of 12,100 homes in the district for the period up to 2031, including 3,414 homes still to be built in Baldock, 1,537 in Letchworth and 770 in Hitchin.
Councillor David Levett, responsible for planning and enterprise at NHDC, said: “We know this is an important issue for many people across the district and so we urge residents to come forward with their views and comments.
“Getting feedback on the proposed sites is important for us. Nothing is set in stone and all responses to the consultation will be considered before we move to the next stage.”
You may also want to watch:
Save Rural Baldock’s Stephen Proops said: “It is vital that everyone who has objections to the plan keeps up the pressure on councillors and planners throughout this process. Our voices have to be heard.
“Make it your new year’s resolution to help create a better housing plan for Baldock.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
“Although councillors have not necessarily discarded representations made to date, it is not official policy that they consider them in the next version of the Local Plan.
“Due to this, it is strongly encouraged that you resend any comments you have already sent, enhancing them wherever you can.”
The results of the consultation will be considered before the preparation of the final version of the Draft Local Plan is put forward, following a further consultation, for examination by the Planning Inspectorate next year.
Consultation documents are available on NHDC’s website and in libraries across the district.
Views can be submitted online at www.north-herts.gov.uk/localplan or by post to Strategic Planning and Projects Group, North Hertfordshire District Council, PO Box 480, Sale, M33 0DE.