Campaign for Real Ale announce best pubs in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) have announced their list of Local Pubs of the Year.
The Engineers Arms in Henlow and The Half Moon in Hitchin have been chosen as the CAMRA best pubs in East Bedfordshire and North Hertfordshire respectively.
Pubs are judged by thousands of CAMRA volunteers on their decor, value for money, customer service, whether they appeal to all different demographics and the quality of its real ale.
The 200 local branch winners then go forward to battle it out in the regional heats in their quest to become National Pub of the Year, which is announced in early 2015.
New research shows 28 pubs close every week across Britain and 38% of British adults no longer visit pubs. This April’s Community Pubs Month has been launched to help raise the profile of the British pub and pub-going.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Valentine, CAMRA Chairman said: “There are literally thousands of wonderful pubs that need our support at this moment in time and I would urge everyone to visit their local pub in April and discuss with the licensee ways he or she could encourage you to visit more regularly.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings