Call for women to take part in Stevenage Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Women are being urged to sign up to Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life in Stevenage this year, following the event launch last week.
Last Thursday, members of dance instructor Stephen Sapsed’s classes gathered in Town Square in Stevenage to perform the Cancer Slam dance routine to rally people to take part in the women-only event.
Women of all shapes and sizes are being called to enter the 5k or 10k event at Fairlands Valley Park on Sunday, July 13.
Last year, 2,780 women took part and raised £185,187.
This year, organisers would like 2,900 people to take part and help raise £190,000 for vital research.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Parratt, Race for Life East of England events manager, said: “Race for Life is non-competitive. It doesn’t matter how fit or fast you are.
“Taking part is about joining together against a disease that affects all of us.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
“You can walk, run or dance, so we urge local ladies to take the first step by signing up today.”
Mr Sapsed added: “Cancer touches so many of us. That’s why we want to do everything we can to motivate women to power up the pink and show cancer who’s boss.”
To enter the Stevenage Race for Life and learn how to do the Cancer Slam, visit www.raceforlife.org or call 0845 600 6050.
Adult entry (women aged 16+ only) is £14.99, child entry (six to 15-year-old girls and six to 13-year-old boys) is £10, and entry for boys and girls under six is free and no registration is needed.