Call for volunteers as Stevenage Time Bank launches
- Credit: Archant
A COMMUNITY project aimed at helping out people in need officially launches in a town today (Saturday).
North Herts CVS Time Bank will be officially launching in Stevenage at 10am.
The time bank, which is well established in North Herts, pools people’s skills so they can help out the needy.
Examples where people have volunteered their time include gardening and taking people out for tea.
The Stevenage arm of the group will launch with a free event at North Hertfordshire College Community Hall on Monkswood Way.
You may also want to watch:
Time Bank administrator Savita Mason said: “We want the new Stevenage Time Bank to bring people from all ages and backgrounds together, and people are encouraged to give as little or as much time as they are able.
“We know that everyone has skills to share, whether it be helping to fix a leaky tap, advice on how to master your new digital devices, or just some good company, and we value everyone’s skills equally.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Today’s event, which will runs until midday, will feature an interactive speed skills swap, demonstrating how to get involved with the time bank. There will be refreshments from 9.45am.
Member and ambassador Andrew Phillips said: “Time bank gives everyone in the community the opportunity to integrate and mix with one another at no cost to themselves. The more you put in the more you get out.”
To book, visit timebank.eventbrite.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01462 689405.