Call for local doctor
A PETITION is being started which aims to get support for the continuation of a doctor s surgery as a local practice. Patients of the St Neots Road surgery in Sandy will be collecting signatures outside the town s Budgens supermarket, in Market Square, fr
A PETITION is being started which aims to get support for the continuation of a doctor's surgery as a local practice.
Patients of the St Neots Road surgery in Sandy will be collecting signatures outside the town's Budgens supermarket, in Market Square, from 9.30am until 12.30pm this Saturday as they try to drum up support for a local doctor to take over its running.
The surgery's future has been in doubt ever since the sudden death of Dr Kris Reddy in February.
However, the patients are hoping shoppers will show their support for the surgery to be taken over by local doctor Raypreet Bharti rather than by a doctor from somewhere else in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The petition follows a meeting on Monday organised by the Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Forum of Bedfordshire Heartlands NHS Trust at Sandy Village hall which was attended by 60 campaigners.
Residents who would like to help with the petition can call Ken Lynch, chairman of the Biggleswade and District Pensioners' Association, on 01767 681739.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030