Calendar Girls bare all for village party
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of women have been getting naked to raise funds for an annual party.
Staff and customers at the Waggon and Horses pub in Graveley High Street – aged from 18-69 – have been dressing down Calendar Girls-style in aid of the Graveley Senior Citizens.
Three members of the group, which has a sit-down meal and a party for Christmas every year, met at Graveley village hall last Tuesday for a naked photoshoot, accompanied by barmaids from the Waggon and Horses and customers of the pub.
“Every year we raise funds for the senior citizens’ party but this year it was getting quite difficult to find enough helpers so my daughter-in-law Mandy Crouch said, why don’t we do a calendar?’” said 69-year-old Madelaine Crouch, who lives in the village.
“It started off with a couple of girls saying they would do it for a joke, but after a few glasses of wine and laughter it’s become a reality. We would like to raise at least £300 to £400, which would pay for the meal.”
You may also want to watch:
Photographer Arnold Hoiles oversaw the shoot, which has themed pictures for each month of the year.
The printing of the calendar is currently being organised before it is due to go on sale in August.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
If you would like to buy a copy, email firstname.lastname@example.org