Cake sale to support Letchworth Walks to D’Feet MND this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising campaign for the Motor Neurone Disease Association has now raised more than £16,000.
The Letchworth Walks to D’Feet MND campaign, led by Claire Pedrick, is walking the 13.6-mile Greenway once a month for a year, and now has dozens taking part.
To boost their fundraising they are holding a cake sale from 10.30am to 12 noon this Saturday at St Paul’s Church, off Pixmore Way.
Claire said: “There will be free refreshments for whoever wants to come, and a slideshow with some pictures from the walks so far – so it’s a good place to find out more about the walks.
“It’s also a good way to show support for those who are unable to walk with us.”
You may also want to watch:
Comet journalist JP Asher is among those signed up for the next round of Letchworth Walks to D’Feet MND on May 13. The 26-year-old has committed to covering the distance while dressed as our furry dog mascot Sniffer the Comet Newshound.
To support the campaign, see justgiving.com/Claire-Pedrick.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030