CAB celebrates golden jubilee
A BIRTHDAY book is on display to celebrate a Citizens Advice Bureau s golden jubilee. Stevenage CAB celebrates 50 years of service and Stevenage Borough Council is helping out with the celebrations. Mayor Simon Speller was the first to sign a special
A BIRTHDAY book is on display to celebrate a Citizens' Advice Bureau's golden jubilee.
Stevenage CAB celebrates 50 years' of service and Stevenage Borough Council is helping out with the celebrations.
Mayor Simon Speller was the first to sign a special birthday book which will be on display in the reception area at Daneshill House, Danestrete until July 24.
He was joined by Les Dawson, one of the longest serving volunteers with over 40 years' service. Also there were newest recruit Jane Maguire, former volunteer and now trustee Margaret Latham and director Marian Hurle.
The CAB would like any individual, organisation or firm that has had a connection with them during their 50-year history in Stevenage to come and sign the book and write a message.
Ms Hurle explained: "Thanks to previous publicity in The Comet, we have been able to trace three volunteers from the 1960s. We hope that many more people will be encouraged to contact us when they realise how keen we are to involve them in our celebrations and mark the great contribution they have made to the development of the CAB as it is today."
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 9 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
- 10 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
Cllr Speller said: "Stevenage Borough Council has supported Stevenage CAB throughout its development. Stevenage is also celebrating its 60th anniversary this year so it therefore feels very fitting and a great honour to be the first signatory in the birthday book.