CAB celebrates golden jubilee
A BIRTHDAY book is on display to celebrate a Citizens Advice Bureau s golden jubilee. Stevenage CAB celebrates 50 years of service and Stevenage Borough Council is helping out with the celebrations. Mayor Simon Speller was the first to sign a special
A BIRTHDAY book is on display to celebrate a Citizens' Advice Bureau's golden jubilee.
Stevenage CAB celebrates 50 years' of service and Stevenage Borough Council is helping out with the celebrations.
Mayor Simon Speller was the first to sign a special birthday book which will be on display in the reception area at Daneshill House, Danestrete until July 24.
He was joined by Les Dawson, one of the longest serving volunteers with over 40 years' service. Also there were newest recruit Jane Maguire, former volunteer and now trustee Margaret Latham and director Marian Hurle.
You may also want to watch:
The CAB would like any individual, organisation or firm that has had a connection with them during their 50-year history in Stevenage to come and sign the book and write a message.
Ms Hurle explained: "Thanks to previous publicity in The Comet, we have been able to trace three volunteers from the 1960s. We hope that many more people will be encouraged to contact us when they realise how keen we are to involve them in our celebrations and mark the great contribution they have made to the development of the CAB as it is today."
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
Cllr Speller said: "Stevenage Borough Council has supported Stevenage CAB throughout its development. Stevenage is also celebrating its 60th anniversary this year so it therefore feels very fitting and a great honour to be the first signatory in the birthday book.