Buy in to Lister raffle
HOSPITAL staff working in a children s A&E department are hoping to raise £2,000 to buy much-needed equipment. Staff at Lister Hospital are organising a raffle to raise funds to buy four brightly coloured portable oxygen saturation machines, which measure
HOSPITAL staff working in a children's A&E department are hoping to raise £2,000 to buy much-needed equipment.
Staff at Lister Hospital are organising a raffle to raise funds to buy four brightly coloured portable oxygen saturation machines, which measure the amount of oxygen in the blood.
A spokesman for the hospital said: "It's very important to get these machines. It will be really useful especially in the winter months when the weather can cause more respiratory problems in people.
"We also need to buy adaptors so that babies can use the machines."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £1 each and will be available from the children's A&E department at Lister from Monday.
Prizes include a meal at Coreys Mill Beefeater restaurant and Outback restaurant, a signed Stevenage Boro top and tickets for Willow Farm.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
The raffle will be drawn by Stefan Booth, better known as one of the boys in blue on ITV's The Bill, and Sheila Ferguson of Three Degrees fame on December 20. They are both starring in the Gordon Craig Theatre panto Dick Whittington this year.