Wynd Gallery opens in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A new art gallery boasting a great collection of paintings, prints, ceramics, sculptures and textiles opened in Letchworth at the weekend, with works created by 25 local artists.
A private view was held at the Wynd Gallery on Friday night, with Patrica Saunders from the Letchworth BID formally cutting the ribbon on Saturday.
The founder members of the artistic collective are Dawn Adams, Jill Taylor, Sandy Campbell and Audrey Imber – who told the Comet that their vision for the project led them to transform the premises into a beautiful gallery space.
Audrey said: “The aim of The Wynd Gallery is to promote the arts in Letchworth by offering a dynamic programme of group shows every month, as well as exciting solo shows by its artist members throughout the year.
“Showcasing work of the highest standard, visitors will find an array of artworks including paintings, sculpture and ceramics, as well as greeting cards and jewellery – so something for everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Patricia said: “The gallery is a fantastic addition to the Wynd shopping area, and it further complements the excellent arts and crafts offer Letchworth town centre and the business improvement district provide to people from the garden city and beyond.”
The Wynd Gallery is open from 10am to 5pm, Tuesday to Saturday.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema