This is just for starters... New Stevenage restaurant could be first of a nationwide brand, say backers
- Credit: Archant
A street food style restaurant is looking to bring a ‘whole new dining experience’ to Stevenage.
The brain-child of two restaurant industry stalwarts, Salt & Good at The Plaza is a more modern approach to the all-you-can eat dining experience, serving food that’s cooked hot, fast and fresh and served as individual portions.
The owners’ idea is to bring the hustle, bustle, sights, sounds and flavours from food markets and street-food vendors from across the globe into one place at one time.
The effort is a family affair – with different generations contributing to the interior design and décor and a bar which offers a selection of beers, wines and spirits from around the world that also compliment the food.
Following a launch night a week earlier, Stevenage’s deputy mayor John Lloyd visited on Friday for an official opening which was also attended by charity Child UK.
Although the Stevenage restaurant – based next to Affinity nightclub and Fit4Less gym – is the first of its kind, the team behind Salt & Good is already looking to expand the brand across the UK to take this new dining experience to other towns and cities.
“We chose Stevenage as our flagship restaurant as we wanted to bring a whole new dining experience to a town that hasn’t seen it before,” said Danny Punia, co-founder of the eatery which gets it name from the premise that you add salt to food to preserve it – and make it good.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 8 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 9 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 10 Serious collision on A602 injures four
“Stevenage is undergoing a lot of growth and redevelopment at the moment and we felt that it was the right time to add some additional excitement to what the town currently has on offer.
“We’re excited to be starting this new venture in Stevenage and early signs indicate that we made the right choice by making it our first Salt & Good restaurant.
“Our aim is for Salt & Good to become a UK-wide chain of restaurants offering world class flavours from countries and cultures from around the globe.
“Customers looking to experience a little slice of everything can now do that under one roof.”