Therapist to the stars joins Letchworth spa
- Credit: Archant
A THERAPIST who has given beauty treatments to some of the most high profile names in the world has become the latest recruit to a small team of beauty therapists at a day spa in Letchworth GC.
Jonelle Roberts, who secured a job as a therapist at the Valentina Day Spa, has provided massages, facials, manicures and pedicures to the likes of the Manchester United football team, Kanye West, the Barcelona football team, the Prince of Saudi Arabia and even a senior member of the royal family ahead of her wedding day in 2011.
The 22-year-old, who joined the team of seven at the spa in Station Road a month ago, has worked at five star London hotels including The Landmark and The Dorchester as well as The Grove in Watford specialising in ESPA – a luxury spa product.
She said: “I joined Valentina Day Spa because I have been trained in the ESPA products and wanted a new challenge working for a smaller company but still with ESPA, because I really believe in the products.”
Asked what skills she brings to her new role, she said: “For me it has always been important that every client goes away feeling they have had the best experience.
You may also want to watch:
“Just small things will add to a five star experience, from the temperature of the treatment room, to the lighting and music. And working for a smaller business I find that I am able to build a rapport with my clients and really get to know them on a personal level, whereas working in the hotels, sometimes you don’t see the people you offer services to again.”
Speaking about some of the high profile names she has given treatments to, Miss Roberts, from Watford, said: “I have met a lot high profile names, but I always remained professional. Of course, at times I would have to give myself a reality check, just to remind myself that they are like the rest of us.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
On the latest addition to her team, Farhana Devji, owner of Valentina Day Spa, said: “Like all of the therapists here, Jonelle is at the height of her expertise. She brings a bit of glitz and glamour to leafy Letchworth but at the same time is very humble and her knowledge base on all beauty treatments is second to none.”