Tesco staff help give Stevenage community centre much needed makeover
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 staff from a supermarket came together to give a community centre a much needed makeover.
A team of Tesco’s Extra team spent a day at the Oval Community Centre in Stevenage revamping its entrance and corridors.
The project was part of Tesco’s commitment to community initiatives.
The team, who are based in Welwyn Garden City, left their desks for the day, accepted the challenge and spent the day preparing, cleaning and painting.
Oval Community Centre had been waiting nearly two years to get this much needed project completed.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is extremely grateful for all the hard work put in by everyone involved with the project.
The finished product looks very professional and the centre now looks bright and inviting for all of the centre’s users.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Jeanette Thomas, chair of the centre’s charitable committee, said: “Great work, clean and bright to greet the spring.”
Tony Hoggett, managing director for Tesco Extra, said: “We are delighted to have been able to support our local community centre in this way. At Tesco, we strive to offer support however we can for our local community and it was great to see all the team come together on the day to support such an important local project.”
The day was brought together by Nicci Statham of social enterprise Get Connected CIC. Nicci is a leadership coach who also facilitates projects between local employers and non-profit organisations.