Sweet taste of success for Stevenage cake company
A CAKE shop has won a contract to sell its mouth-watering sweet delights in an upmarket store.
Heavenly Cakes in Stevenage has started to sell its cakes in Selfridges &Co in London and is hoping to expand to the store’s Manchester and Birmingham branches.
Selfridges has launched four Heavenly Cake lines: Eton Mess, Lemon Meringue, Toffee Crisp and Cappuccino. In addition they are also selling the Millionaires’ Shortbread.
Heavenly Cakes managing director, Nigel Green, said: “We have worked very hard to be in a position to talk to Selfridges. They were very impressed with the quality and innovation we bring to our cakes and moved quickly to launch us while the Olympics were on.”
Heavenly Cakes has been making cakes for sale to customers such as the National Trust and Whole Foods Markets for more than five years.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel said: “Since the launch we have had great feedback from Selfridges, the next step for us will be to sell in the store’s restaurants with our own branding.”
Heavenly Cakes is a family-run business which has introduced many new lines this year to mark the Jubilee and Olympics and has innovative Christmas lines in development. To order cakes and other sweet items online see the link on the right.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602