Such a splashing success! Stevenage MP’s thumbs up for Elecro’s export aces
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s MP was so impressed by a town firm’s export efforts that he has put their name forward for government recognition.
Stephen McPartland has pressed the case for Gunnels Wood Road-based Elecro Engineering Ltd, who manufacture heating equipment and a range of other products for swimming pools, as part of the Exported by Britain campaign, which celebrates the best of British manufacturing and export.
Mr McPartland said: “I was very impressed by the products, staff, ambition and enthusiasm of the team at Elecro. They are an incredibly innovative company and already export all over the world.
“Elecro are a fantastic example of a great British company leading the world in their industry and I am proud their home is here in Stevenage.”
Elecro has been based in Stevenage for nearly 20 years and has grown from a small family-run business with exports soaring by more than 170 per cent in the last five years, now making up 84 per cent of turnover.
You may also want to watch:
The company was originally formed by Roland May who, an engineer by trade, came up with the idea of building a heater in order to warm his children’s splasher pool.
Very quickly interest from neighbouring houses arose and a business idea was born. Elecro now exports to more than 60 countries across the globe.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
The firm’s Clive Flood was one of the guests at the opening of a high-end swimming pool showroom in the Lebanon last month, on a guest list which included the Lebanese tourism minister and other VIPs. Clive said: “It was a great honour to be invited to attend the grand opening of the most impressive showroom I have ever seen – I look forward to visiting again soon.”