Record award haul for Stevenage–based The Wine Society
- Credit: Archant
A popular Stevenage business has marked 2020 with a flurry of prestigious accolades, after winning big at the 2020 Decanter Retailer Awards.
The Wine Society, based in Stevenage’s Gunnels Wood Road, brought home five awards at this year’s Decanter Retailer Awards – including Large Online Retailer of the Year and Best Specialist Retailer of the Year.
The business was highly praised for its quality, value, range and service.
Pierre Mansour, The Wine Society’s director of wine, said: “It’s great to see the efforts of our team and growers recognised this year- we are particularly proud to have maintained our broad range and served members with the delicious wines that they expect of The Wine Society.
“It’s particularly heartening to have won three specialist awards, a sign of the craftmanship and talent of the growers and winemakers of Austria, the Iberian Peninsula and South & Regional France.”
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Steve Finlan added: “Being the best online wine merchant isn’t just about our great range of wines and how much of them we sell to thirsty members – it’s also about our website’s depth of content about the wine, the vineyards and the growers – a real voyage of discovery.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation