Stevenage Toys R Us to close doors next Thursday
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s Toys R Us store is to close next Thursday, the embattled retailer’s administrators have today confirmed.
Stevenage is one of the 75 remaining Toys R Us and Babies R Us sites in the UK that will close by Tuesday, April 24. The Stevenage site is to continue trading until next Thursday, April 19.
Administrators Simon Thomas and Arron Kendall, of Moorfields Advisory Ltd, said all 2,054 employees across the country had been informed and would be paid up to and including their last day of employment.
Mr Thomas said: “We are grateful for the hard work of everybody at Toys R Us’ during this extremely difficult and challenging time. We are working closely with the 2,000 employees affected by the closures to ensure they receive the support they need for redundancy and other compensatory payments.
“The stores across the county will be open as usual until the last day of trading and we would encourage shoppers to make the most of the great deals on offer. Extended discounts of up to 70 per cent are in place from today, and offers are available on some of our best-known brands.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage’s store, on the Roaring Meg Retail Park off London Road, started a closing-down sale early last month after the UK firm went into administration on February 28.
Further afield, Toys R Us is set to close in Bedford on Saturday, April 21, Milton Keynes and Harlow the next day, and in Luton and Enfield on Monday, April 23. The store at Brent Cross in north London is to close on Tuesday, April 24.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation