Stevenage town centre manager Tina Benson looks ahead to health and animal takeovers
- Credit: Archant
A healthy body leads to a healthy mind, or so they say.
In Stevenage town centre our first summer event follows that mantra as a ‘Get Active! Healthy Mind, Healthy Body’ session will tell you everything you need to know about how to stay fit and healthy.
From 11am to 4pm tomorrow, Friday, come and speak to the likes of Stevenage Leisure, Stevenage FC, Decathlon, Herts County Council and Beezie Bodies about the importance of staying active.
For those of you feeling energetic, pop along between 12 noon and 1.30pm for a free exercise fix and enjoy taster sessions in Fitsteps+, Tai Chi, and Zumba Fitness.
Some other news that has put a spring in my step this week is that The Entertainer is coming to the Westgate Centre.
You may also want to watch:
It’s always nice for me to share details of retailers coming to Stevenage and we’re all excited for their opening in October – just in time for everyone’s Christmas shopping.
A store like The Entertainer also works well with the events programme we have put together as it gives the town centre a more child-friendly and family feel.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
With other shops planned to come to Stevenage in the future, it’s worth pointing out that Stevenage Borough Council only owns some of the shops in the town and has no say in what retailers move into the privately-owned stores.
We are listening when you tell us what you want to see more and less of in the town centre. Over the coming months, we will be working with private landlords so they can help us achieve our vision of having more variety in the town centre.
As so much is happening over the summer, I’ve joined Instagram to share my snaps. Keep an eye out for @lovestevenagetc on Instagram as well as Facebook and Twitter to see all town centre fun that’s taking place.
Next Friday we turn the town centre animal-tastic for our Animal Crackers event, so I hope to get some pictures of me with the animals from the petting farm.
Finally, tickets are now on sale for movie weekender at the start of September.
For details of how to get your hands on the tickets to see Jurassic Park or the Secret Life of Pets, see stevenagetowncentre.com.