Stevenage MP visits Institution of Engineering and Technology
THE Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) in Stevenage recently played host to the town’s MP Stephen McPartland when he met their chief executive Nigel Fine and staff.
During the visit to the IET headquarters in Michael Faraday House in Six Hills Way, the MP was given a presentation on the IET’s work locally and around the world plus information about how engineering and technology careers are being promoted for young people.
“As a major local employer, it is hugely important for the Institution of Engineering and Technology to have a strong involvement with its local MP,” said Mr Fine
“Mr McPartland’s visit to our offices was a great opportunity to foster this relationship.”
After the visit, Mr McPartland said: “I was really impressed by the enthusiasm of the people within the IET and the breadth and depth of their services and products. It was great to meet people who are clearly passionate about their work.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to collaborating with the IET on a range of education and skills issues-an area where I can see the IET is already making a big contribution.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings