Stevenage motorcycle shop backs Hertfordshire’s Buy With Confidence scheme
- Credit: Archant
A motorcycle shop is among the first to sign up to an approved trader scheme which enables customers to find reputable businesses.
Bike Stop in Stevenage High Street is one of four companies in the town do be listed on the Buy With Confidence website, where traders that can be trusted are featured.
The national scheme is run at a county level by Hertfordshire County Council’s Trading Standards services, which carries out checks to ensure businesses comply with all consumer protection legislation and sign an agreement to be monitored on a regular basis.
Bike Stop director Martin Brown, who was presented with a certificate last month, said: “We are delighted to be part of the Buy With Confidence scheme as it aligns with the way we do business here, with fully trained staff helping to explain all the safety and comfort features of every product in the most honest and trustworthy way to help us achieve completely satisfied customers. For proof, just take a look at our BWC, Feefo web and Google reviews at www.bikestop.co.uk.
“This approach is further enhanced by the fact that we only sell 100 per cent genuine motorcycle clothing and accessories which are backed by the full manufacturer guarantees and so that’s why we are proud to sell products only from the official suppliers.”
You may also want to watch:
Businesses in Knebworth, Letchworth, Little Wymondley, Shefford and Stotfold have also signed up.
Councillor Richard Thake, County Hall’s cabinet member for community safety, said: “This is not a scheme that any business can join if they simply have the money to do so. Trading Standards enforce the highest business standards and the Buy With Confidence logo is a real indication of quality and trust.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
For more information about the scheme visit www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk.