Stevenage hairdresser goes out in style after 50 years in the profession
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser with five decades of experience has bid an emotional farewell to the profession.
Anita Waller’s last day at L&L Hair and Beauty Salon in Stevenage was marked with a buffet and bubbles, as colleagues past and present were joined by customers in raising a glass to wish her a happy retirement.
The 70-year-old, who lives close to the salon in Rockingham Way, previously worked at Raymond Leslie’s in the town centre and has overseen countless cuts during her 50 years in the profession.
Last Friday a special montage of pictures old and new was displayed at Anita’s work station, with the hairdresser inundated with retirement cards wishing her well.
Liz Postance, a partner at L&L who took on the salon three years ago, said: “Anita’s last day was so special.
You may also want to watch:
“Anita had so many people come to wish her well on her retirement, even a lady that she use to work with when she was in her 20s, and a lady that she had been doing her hair for 37 years! It was incredible and such an amazing, emotional day.
“We’re glad her last day went the way it did and it was made extra special with the Comet coming out to take a photo of us all and a few of Anita too. It was just perfect! We will truly miss her so much.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas