Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- Credit: Archant
Five Guys is set to open its doors to eager customers in Stevenage later in the spring.
The new restaurant - which will take over the former Pizza Hut unit in Stevenage Leisure Park - is due to open in May 2021, the chain has confirmed.
In line with the government's "roadmap" to lifting lockdown restrictions, indoor hospitality venues are expected to reopen no earlier than May 17.
A spokesperson for the leisure park's owners, Legal & General, told the Comet: “We are delighted to welcome Five Guys to a 3,300 sq. ft. site at Stevenage Leisure Park.
"Five Guys joins a wide variety of eateries and leisure activities for the whole family, making it a great addition to an already successful and diverse scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"We look forward to them opening their doors and welcoming visitors back to the park when COVID restrictions are eased.”
Although the new arrival will see the loss of Pizza Hut, the Roaring Meg branch of the restaurant will remain - as well as the delivery and collection outlet in Stevenage High Street.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
A Pizza Hut Restaurants spokesperson said: “Like many hospitality businesses, Pizza Hut Restaurants has faced disruption due to the pandemic.
"We are saddened by the closure of our Stevenage Leisure Park restaurant, but confirm that we remain open for collection and takeaway at our location in the Roaring Meg Retail Park. We hope to fully reopen our dine-in services at this location as and when it is safe to do so.”