Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- Credit: Archant
Five Guys is set to open its doors to eager customers in Stevenage later in the spring.
The new restaurant - which will take over the former Pizza Hut unit in Stevenage Leisure Park - is due to open in May 2021, the chain has confirmed.
In line with the government's "roadmap" to lifting lockdown restrictions, indoor hospitality venues are expected to reopen no earlier than May 17.
A spokesperson for the leisure park's owners, Legal & General, told the Comet: “We are delighted to welcome Five Guys to a 3,300 sq. ft. site at Stevenage Leisure Park.
"Five Guys joins a wide variety of eateries and leisure activities for the whole family, making it a great addition to an already successful and diverse scheme.
You may also want to watch:
"We look forward to them opening their doors and welcoming visitors back to the park when COVID restrictions are eased.”
Although the new arrival will see the loss of Pizza Hut, the Roaring Meg branch of the restaurant will remain - as well as the delivery and collection outlet in Stevenage High Street.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 3 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 4 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 6 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 7 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
A Pizza Hut Restaurants spokesperson said: “Like many hospitality businesses, Pizza Hut Restaurants has faced disruption due to the pandemic.
"We are saddened by the closure of our Stevenage Leisure Park restaurant, but confirm that we remain open for collection and takeaway at our location in the Roaring Meg Retail Park. We hope to fully reopen our dine-in services at this location as and when it is safe to do so.”