Stevenage Debenhams named best new retail store in the UK
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s Debenhams was last night crowned the best new retail store in the UK at a national industry awards ceremony.
The store, on the town’s Roaring Meg retail park, won the award at the 23rd annual Retail Week Awards.
The 80,000-square-foot store, which opened in August last year, was the first in Debenhams site to showcase the retailer’s new redesigned strategy.
On the strategy, the firm said: “It aims to make shopping confidence boosting, sociable and fun and this is something which can be seen throughout the store.
“From how the space is planned to the fixtures used, the store design is exclusive to Stevenage so much so that there isn’t a single fitting there that can be found in any other Debenhams.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Debenhams manager Gail Chandler said: “We are thrilled to win the Best New Store award. Since opening, the team and I have thoroughly enjoyed welcoming the local community to their new-style Debenhams store.”
The store employs 80 people from the Stevenage area and features a beauty hall containing eight cosmetic houses, including Kat Von D, Urban Decay and Benefit – as well as curated Designers at Debenhams ranges.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
There are also branches of Nando’s, Creams, Patisserie Valerie and Costa Coffee.