Stevenage Costco to include on-site petrol station
- Credit: Archant
The new Costco store coming to Stevenage next year will include a petrol station, the company confirmed today.
The Comet revealed yesterday that work has begun to turn the Grade II-listed former John Lewis distribution centre off Cavendish Road into a 14,030-square-metre megastore with parking for 611 cars.
And now Costco’s James Cheesemore has told this paper that the store will also include an on-site petrol station.
“The petrol station is not a full service station and does not include any shop or other forecourt services,” he said.
“Payment is made by either debit card or American Express credit card at the pump.
You may also want to watch:
“Costco has opened 13 petrol stations within the UK in recent years. These facilities provide further benefits to Costco members by offering high quality fuel at great prices.”
The store is expected to open in July 2019.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie