Stevenage Costco to include on-site petrol station
- Credit: Archant
The new Costco store coming to Stevenage next year will include a petrol station, the company confirmed today.
The Comet revealed yesterday that work has begun to turn the Grade II-listed former John Lewis distribution centre off Cavendish Road into a 14,030-square-metre megastore with parking for 611 cars.
And now Costco’s James Cheesemore has told this paper that the store will also include an on-site petrol station.
“The petrol station is not a full service station and does not include any shop or other forecourt services,” he said.
“Payment is made by either debit card or American Express credit card at the pump.
“Costco has opened 13 petrol stations within the UK in recent years. These facilities provide further benefits to Costco members by offering high quality fuel at great prices.”
The store is expected to open in July 2019.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company