Stevenage caterer celebrates ITV appearance
- Credit: Archant
A caterer is celebrating after clinching her sweetest deal yet after appearing on an ITV reality show.
Val Johnson, of Stevenage, provides sweet carts, popcorn machines and candy floss stands to hire for weddings and similar events.
In August she was asked to provide food for a street party being filmed by The Xtra Factor crew to be included in an opening credits sequence. Val spent the day in Russell Square, London, filming with hosts Caroline Flack and Matt Richardson.
Following this, she was asked back to provide 200 tubs of popcorn for the press launch night of The X Factor. Since then her website has seen a surge in online users and she is gaining new customers every week.
She said: “Who would have thought when I started my business back in January that I would be filming for national television just six months later?”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.sweetherts.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 3 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers