Small Business Saturday: Letchworth surveyor chalks up five years
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth-based surveying firm has chalked up five years in business, and has been featured as part of Small Business Saturday – which is today.
Kirsty Harvey, of KTD Surveying, has been one of the case studies highlighted by the annual UK-wide business initiative.
Her practice advises businesses on finding start-up premises, renewing leases and more – and reflecting on her first five years, Kirsty said working together was hugely important to success.
“Having always thought I hated networking, I found actually it is really enjoyable if you find the right groups for you,” she said.
“I’ve also learnt that it was really difficult to price my service, because my target clients didn’t even know the service I offered existed – so I had to jump that hurdle before they could even consider whether to go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“Five years on, and I still find that aspect difficult, but it seems most small businesses I talk to feel the same way.”
Kirsty’s passion for collaboration has seen her strike up a partnership with Eve Donaldson, finance director of Baldock-based Grice Collins Long, after they met at a networking event.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
KTD Surveying and Grice Collins Long have now secured their first client together, and they say there are more in the pipeline.
Kirsty said: “As a chartered surveyor who specialises in commercial property consultancy, it is very rare to come across other surveying practices at networking events.
“Working in partnership is a perfect way for us both to grow our businesses without additional overheads and allows both firms to be part of something bigger.”
Over the next five years, Kirsty is working on producing video guides and talks to be able to help more businesses cost-effectively.
“I’m also aiming to be the first port of call for businesses if they are thinking of taking on commercial property, before they even start negotiations,” she said.
“This way they can be sure of an even better outcome.”
Eve said: “I was very impressed with the points Kirsty made at the networking event, and I knew I wanted to work with her.
“Joining forces was a great decision. Together we can offer the highest level of expertise. I believe any landlord could benefit from what we have to offer.”
To find out more, you can call Kirsty Harvey on 01462 820092 or Eve Donaldson on 01462 833370.