Sales drive has seen company buck the trend
WESTONS Car & Commercials has bucked the trend of the recession opening a new franchise followed not by bust but by boom! boom! boom! – selling well over 300 cars in just four months! And in partnership with Baldock-based company WG Silverton, it has re-d
WESTONS Car & Commercials has bucked the trend of the recession opening a new franchise followed not by bust but by boom! boom! boom! - selling well over 300 cars in just four months!
And in partnership with Baldock-based company WG Silverton, it has re-developed its service centre.
In May 2009, Martin Ward, managing director of Westons Car & Commercials in Cambridge Road, Hitchin, took the brave decision to take on a Hyundai franchise. Just as the company was taking its first steps into this huge and difficult undertaking, the world was plunged into the worst recession it has probably ever seen.
"The motor industry has been one of the hardest hit by the recession we have endured over much of 2009, which faced the staff of Westons with a new and huge challenge, of not only learning about this new dealership, but also trying and steer through the storm of recession," said Mr Ward.
You may also want to watch:
"With a lot of hard work, determination and vision, Westons has not only weathered this storm, but has actively strode against it, turning what could so easily have been a catastrophic year into a major success in the most challenging of climates."
The Government's car scrappage scheme has been an undoubted help to Westons' sales figures. Not only is this a huge achievement in itself with many records being set, but the other arm to the business - the after sales care Westons offers - has been driven to great success even in the face of consumer money being so tight.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Added to this Westons undertook the huge decision of completely redeveloping and re-furbishing its service centre. In partnership with WG Silverton, Westons transformed their service centre to offer the best customer experience possible.
Along with its mission statement of superior customer service and very competitive pricing, the new service centre, showroom and franchise have all combined to make Westons one of North Herts' most successful and promising garages.