Businesses to access 'restart grants' ahead of April 12
- Credit: Central Bedfordshire Council
As businesses prepare to reopen on April 12, Central Bedfordshire Council has made 'restart grants' available to help them reopen safely.
Non-essential retail businesses can apply for one-off payments of up to £6,000, while hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses can receive grants of up to £18,000.
Only certain retail businesses are eligible - with food retailers, garden centres, vehicle repair and MOT centres, laundrettes and dry cleaners excluded.
Cllr David Shelvey, executive member for corporate resources, said: "If you own a business in any of these sectors, we would encourage you to visit our website to see whether you are eligible to apply for this grant.
"All applications will be processed in order of when they are received, and we encourage businesses to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out."
You may also want to watch:
Businesses can apply via the council's website until June 30.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 5 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 6 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing