Businesses to access 'restart grants' ahead of April 12
- Credit: Central Bedfordshire Council
As businesses prepare to reopen on April 12, Central Bedfordshire Council has made 'restart grants' available to help them reopen safely.
Non-essential retail businesses can apply for one-off payments of up to £6,000, while hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses can receive grants of up to £18,000.
Only certain retail businesses are eligible - with food retailers, garden centres, vehicle repair and MOT centres, laundrettes and dry cleaners excluded.
Cllr David Shelvey, executive member for corporate resources, said: "If you own a business in any of these sectors, we would encourage you to visit our website to see whether you are eligible to apply for this grant.
"All applications will be processed in order of when they are received, and we encourage businesses to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out."
You may also want to watch:
Businesses can apply via the council's website until June 30.
- 1 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 2 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 6 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts as restrictions ease
- 9 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 10 Resident calls for brighter street lights after 'shocking' fall leaves her seeking hospital treatment