Queen’s award for AeroDEC Ltd
STAFF at AeroDEC Ltd in Meadway Court, Stevenage, had a lot to celebrate last week when the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire Lady Verulam officially presented the company with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade.
Directors Ian Richards and Neil Wiggins had recently attended a reception at Buckingham Palace following the announcement of their award.
Mr Richards, the company’s chief executive, said: “The tremendous feeling of pride at receiving this Queen’s Award for International Trade runs through the company.
“AeroDEC has seen exceptional growth in our world-wide customer base and keeping pace and keeping pace with this increase in business has been largely due to the phenomenal effort on the part of our staff.
“Those years of hard work is now acknowledged with this most prestigious accolade.”
The aerospace, design and engineering consultancy business was formed in 2005 to provide an engineering service to commercial airlines and aircraft owners around the world and from 2006 to 2009 the company’s export earnings have increased five-fold which resulted in the company opening an office in Singapore last year.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes