Prospects bright for 2010
A SURVEY of the views of 8,000 Hertfordshire-based small businesses points to growing confidence for 2010. The poll, conducted by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), paints a rosier picture of the prospects for businesses throughout the region this
A SURVEY of the views of 8,000 Hertfordshire-based small businesses points to growing confidence for 2010.
The poll, conducted by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), paints a rosier picture of the prospects for businesses throughout the region this year. Two-thirds of the businesses polled said they believe that 2010 will be a better trading year. Nearly half (49 per cent) indicated they have already won new business in 2010.
Only 13 per cent have entered awards. Of those that have, 81 per cent have won on at least one occasion. Academic research points to awards having a significant impact on the performance of businesses, with winners achieving an average uplift in revenues of around 30 per cent.
Maree Atkinson from the FSB said: "The results of our poll are very encouraging. Our message to small businesses is that there is no better time to enter an award to add further momentum to your business. Our 'Meet the Judges' events give business owners tips about which category to enter, and what they are looking for. The events are free and are a great opportunity to network. And you don't need to be a member of the FSB to enter. Not only that but you can win �21,000 for your business!"
The 'Meet the Judges' events take place on March 4 at 6pm at the Business and Technology Centre, Stevenage, book at www.fsb.org.uk/meetthejudges/btc or March 9 at 6pm The Noke by Thistle, St Albans, book at www.fsb.org.uk/meetthejudges/ noke
Entries close on April 1.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000