Plans submitted to build 90,000 sq ft Letchworth Industrial Estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a new 90,000 sq ft industrial estate have been submitted.
St Modwen, a regeneration firm, submitted the planning application to North Herts District Council last week to develop three separate industrial units on a 4.5 acre site in Works Road, Letchworth GC.
The firm is developing the site, which is situated on the former Letchworth Power Station and would be named the Letchworth Industrial Estate, in the hope that the buildings will be leased or bought by other firms.
Gary Morris, senior development manager at St Modwen, said: “This proposed development reflects the changing requirements of businesses in the region which are looking for larger units to accommodate their growth plans.
“We’re extremely encouraged by the market as a whole and this kind of speculative build means we can get going much quicker on bringing new companies and jobs to Letchworth.”
You may also want to watch:
John Lewis, chief executive of Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation, said: “It is encouraging to see this investment in Letchworth Garden City. The new industrial estate will enhance our offer and provide excellent facilities for businesses to grow and develop in the town.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises