Plans for new Stevenage hotel and pub
Plans for a new hotel and pub in Stevenage have begun with a contract drawn up for a plot on the Arlington Business Park.
Budget hotel chain Travelodge has exchanged contracts to build a 71 bedroom hotel on the park with an M&B Miller and Carter pub next door.
The hotel, will be built subject to planning permission on a 2.3 acre site owned by developer Howard Group. It is part of an expansion by the company and an initiative to team up with pub companies.
Tony O’Brien, Travelodge UK development director, said: “The UK’s pub companies are the perfect partners on sites where the size of the hotel means it is not viable for us to operate a bar or caf�, and they provide a great food and drink offer to our customers.
“Teaming up also means that developments that are not affordable for either party individually become available.”
You may also want to watch:
The acquisition is one of a batch of four in the UK which will create 60 jobs, the company said.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?