Photo hits the target
A defence apprentice has scooped a top photography award with this other-worldly shot of the inside of a missile testing chamber.
Melissa Garratt, 19, who is in her second year of a four year apprenticeship with MBDA Missile Systems in Stevenage, won the 14 to 19-year-old category of the national competition run by EEF, the manufacturers’ organisation.
The competition was aimed at capturing the spirit of modern industry.
The former Priory School pupil in Hitchin, who did work experience at MBDA before taking up her apprenticeship, said she was delighted to have won.
“I was really pleased with the end shot and enjoyed the whole process. MBDA supported me all the way which I am very grateful for. I’m looking forward to the rest of my apprenticeship with MBDA whilst pursuing photography as a leisure activity.”
You may also want to watch:
The winning entry won Melissa a new camera and other photographic equipment from sponsors Canon.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash