Owner of Chicago’s in Stevenage goes into administration
- Credit: Archant
THE owner of Chicago’s in Stevenage has gone into administration, prompting fears the nightclub will close.
Atmosphere Bars and Clubs, which manages 19 Chicago’s Bars including one on Stevenage Leisure Park, entered administration this week due to cash flow problems.
Business advisory firm Deloitte has been appointed as adminstrator for the company, which also runs three Modello bars and two other nightclubs, employing 75 full-time and 418 part-time staff.
Currently Chicago’s in Stevenage employs three full-time and 30 part-time staff.
Daniel Butters, joint administrator at Deloitte, said: “Unfortunately, as a consequence of cash flow problems, the decision was taken by the directors of Atmosphere Bars and Clubs to place the company into administration. We are continuing to trade the business and all venues remain open whilst seeking a sale as a going concern.”
Clubbers have taken to social networking site Twitter following the news.
“If Chicagos Stevenage gets shut down, my Thursday nights will be ruined,” wrote April Burton.
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
Vicki Egan tweeted: “Chicagos in Stevenage shutting down.”