Owner of Chicago’s in Stevenage goes into administration
- Credit: Archant
THE owner of Chicago’s in Stevenage has gone into administration, prompting fears the nightclub will close.
Atmosphere Bars and Clubs, which manages 19 Chicago’s Bars including one on Stevenage Leisure Park, entered administration this week due to cash flow problems.
Business advisory firm Deloitte has been appointed as adminstrator for the company, which also runs three Modello bars and two other nightclubs, employing 75 full-time and 418 part-time staff.
Currently Chicago’s in Stevenage employs three full-time and 30 part-time staff.
Daniel Butters, joint administrator at Deloitte, said: “Unfortunately, as a consequence of cash flow problems, the decision was taken by the directors of Atmosphere Bars and Clubs to place the company into administration. We are continuing to trade the business and all venues remain open whilst seeking a sale as a going concern.”
You may also want to watch:
Clubbers have taken to social networking site Twitter following the news.
“If Chicagos Stevenage gets shut down, my Thursday nights will be ruined,” wrote April Burton.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
Vicki Egan tweeted: “Chicagos in Stevenage shutting down.”