Opening date set for Hitchin Wetherspoon’s new Angel Vaults
- Credit: Archant
JD Wetherspoon has announced the opening date of its new pub in Hitchin.
The nationwide chain is set to open the Sun Street watering hole called The Angel Vaults on March 10 next year. The £1.8 million development on the site of the former Conservative Club is expected to create around 50 new jobs for the town.
Wetherspoon chief executive John Hutson said: “We are looking forward to opening our new pub in Hitchin.
“We believe it will appeal to people of all ages and be a good addition the town’s social scene. Hopefully it will also act as a catalyst for other businesses to invest in Hitchin.”
Gill Richardson, pubs officer for CAMRA North Herts, added: “Hitchin does have a lot of pubs and outlets – but it is a busy place.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m sure many real ale pubs will welcome the competition as Wetherspoons won’t encroach on their particular trade as they seem to sell lots of craft ales which are brewed in a slightly different way to cask ales.”
The new pub’s name echoes one of the pubs which once ringed the town’s Market Place.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?