New wedding business for full time receptionist
- Credit: Archant
A FULL-time receptionist has broken into the world of weddings with a new business that’s as sweet as sugar – literally.
Val Johnson, of Ripon Road, Stevenage, has just started the ball rolling with SweetHerts.
The 45-year-old hires out candy carts, complete with a choice of retro pic n mix sweets and a uniformed member of staff.
The carts are available for hire for weddings, parties, and corporate events.
Val told the Comet: “My daughter is getting married this year and I was going round wedding fayres with her and saw a candy cart. I thought ‘I’m going to Google that’.
“There didn’t seem to be any in this area at all, and I spoke to my husband and he said ‘let’s just go for it’.”
Val, who stewards at Arsenal Football Club on top of her full-time receptionist job, launched the business with an appearance at The Wedding Show in Knebworth Park.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
The Archant-run event has seemingly opened a number of doors, with the grandmother-of-one admitting lots of interest.
“I got a lot of compliments, and a lot of people said they would be in touch,” she said.
“Everyone loves pic n mix, I think it makes a good talking point.
“I’ve had some good offers and if the candy cart really takes off, I’ll give up working at the football ground.”
To find out more about Val’s business, visit www.sweetherts.co.uk