New wedding business for full time receptionist
- Credit: Archant
A FULL-time receptionist has broken into the world of weddings with a new business that’s as sweet as sugar – literally.
Val Johnson, of Ripon Road, Stevenage, has just started the ball rolling with SweetHerts.
The 45-year-old hires out candy carts, complete with a choice of retro pic n mix sweets and a uniformed member of staff.
The carts are available for hire for weddings, parties, and corporate events.
Val told the Comet: “My daughter is getting married this year and I was going round wedding fayres with her and saw a candy cart. I thought ‘I’m going to Google that’.
You may also want to watch:
“There didn’t seem to be any in this area at all, and I spoke to my husband and he said ‘let’s just go for it’.”
Val, who stewards at Arsenal Football Club on top of her full-time receptionist job, launched the business with an appearance at The Wedding Show in Knebworth Park.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
The Archant-run event has seemingly opened a number of doors, with the grandmother-of-one admitting lots of interest.
“I got a lot of compliments, and a lot of people said they would be in touch,” she said.
“Everyone loves pic n mix, I think it makes a good talking point.
“I’ve had some good offers and if the candy cart really takes off, I’ll give up working at the football ground.”
To find out more about Val’s business, visit www.sweetherts.co.uk