New shops ‘boost’ for Letchworth Town Centre
A TOWN centre has received a “real boost” ahead of Christmas with the opening of seven new shops.
From this Saturday Letchworth Town Centre welcomes high street chocolate company Thorntons to Leys Avenue and up-market tea room Chris’ Teas to The Arcade.
A further four boutique shops - Eco Me, Asia & Nature, The Secret Garden and Gogosix - are new additions to The Wynd, while beauty salon Revive has relocated there.
Carly Simmons, co-owner of Eco Me, which aims to recyle and reuse old materials, said: “The Wynd was the perfect location for us to launch our first joint venture. Coming from Letchworth we’ve always loved the cute little shops so just as we breathe new life into unloved objects we’re hoping to play our part in breathing new life into the town.’
Podiatry and chiropody business Walkwel Clinic has also expanded by adding another larger premises to their existing base in Leys Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
“We are now able to present a great range of specialist footwear and custom made insoles to our customers,” said Walkwel Clinic owner Sangeeta Dhall.
“Furthermore, with an increase in space, we are pleased to offer the therapeutic Gara Rufa fish spa treatment with professional foot care advice. This treatment is fantastic for the removal of hard skin and improved circulation and I urge everyone to pop in and try it.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
Commenting on the upsurge in shops, Letchworth Town Centre manager Lee Boswell said: “Coming at the tail end of 2011 it’s fantastic having so many diverse new shops opening their doors just ahead of Christmas which gives our town centre a real boost.
“It’s been a bittersweet year for the town’s retailers and we’ve seen some popular names and faces disappear over the year but I’m hoping that shoppers will support their local retailers this festive season and well into the new year.”