New Shefford care home to bring 73 new jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new care home is set to open in Shefford later this year, bringing with it 73 new jobs.
Oak Manor, in Ivel Road, is almost complete and due to open this autumn – and it will provide 64 places for residential and dementia care.
Care professional Liz Parker has been appointed by national care charity MHA to manage the home, and she’s on the hunt for people to join her team.
She said: “We can’t wait to appoint some passionate individuals to help us ensure Oak Manor is an outstanding care home for our lovely new residents and the Shefford community more widely.
“There are a variety of roles available – from positions for experienced individuals who have years under their belt, to roles for those who have always considered a profession in care and would love the opportunity to be supported and trained through a career change.
You may also want to watch:
“All departments are hiring including maintenance, admin management and hospitality and we also need a head chef. If you’re great with people and have good communication skills, get in touch.”
The new care home has been built by developers Castleoak.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
To find out more about Oak Manor and positions there, call Liz directly on 07817 011827.